Saturday, July 11, 2009

T minus 2 days...

Monday is the day when the All You grocery challenge officially begins. Although I already spend $50 or less most weeks at the grocery store (unless I am really stockpiling), I decided to join this contest so we could really challenge ourselves to limit how much we spend on extras and meals away from home, including lunches at work and dinners out.

My goal is to make something that will have some leftovers most every day, so we will always have plenty of food for lunch, and to use as many fresh vegetables as possible. I already have a nicely sized stockpile, thanks to The Grocery Game. (They are now offering a free trial if you'd like to try it yourself; it truly makes couponing easy. Let me know if you decide to give it a go!)

I plan to post the recipes I make on the blog so others can benefit from them. I love budget friendly recipes and there are several websites I frequent for good meal ideas, and I hope you will be able to glean some good ideas of your own from here. I love my slow cooker, so don't be surprised if you see a lot of recipes that use it!

I've taken out our grocery money for this week in cash and we will do our shopping tomorrow -- I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment