Sunday, July 12, 2009

Grocery Shopping Day: Week 1


We went to Aldi today, and I met my goal of spending under $30. They were out of a couple of items I wanted to get, so a few substitutions were made, and we picked up 3 extra items -- honey buns to (hopefully) replace hubby's vending machine purchases at work, and marshmallows and fruity rice cereal to make Rice Krispies Treats for the week's dessert. Our total was $29.93.

Looking at the receipt, however, it's definitely a strange smattering of ingredients and doesn't look like much to make 7 meals out of. Thanks to our stockpile, we usually only have to buy 2 or 3 things to make any given recipe in my ever-growing library of cookbooks. I'm interested to see if the shopping gets more difficult as the challenge goes on, since I won't be able to stockpile as much as I might ordinarily. (This week, I have $20 to stockpile with at Meijer and/or Kroger.) I haven't been adding much to the stockpile in the last couple of months anyhow, since we have plenty because I stockpiled a lot in February and March. Hopefully it won't start to dwindle too badly before the end of the month.

$$ Spent Today: $29.93
$$ Remaining: $20.07

1 comment:

  1. you can save lots on your grocery shopping by using grocery coupon at www.clickmycoupon.com and get big discount offers.

    ReplyDelete