Saturday, July 11, 2009

Meal Plan: 7/13-7/19

As I compiled my grocery shopping list for tomorrow, I also put together a menu for the week outlining lunches and dinners for July 13 through July 19, the first week of the challenge. I plan to do the grocery shopping at Aldi tomorrow, and if my calculations are correct, I should spend no more than $30. That leaves $20 for stockpiling at Meijer or Kroger when The Grocery Game lists come out on Tuesday.

For breakfast, my husband and I usually do our own thing. Most of the time we eat cereal, fruit, or toast. I have a lot of cereal stockpiled so I don't have to buy any, and fruit and bread are pretty much staples. I am working the evening shift on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, which is why the lunches and dinners might seem reversed.

Here is our lunch & dinner meal plan for the week:

Monday, July 13

Lunch - White Bean & Ham Soup with Corn Muffins
Dinner - Tuna Sandwiches & Vegetable Chips

Tuesday, July 14

Lunch - Leftover White Bean & Ham Soup with Corn Muffins
Dinner - Round Steak with Garden Vegetables

Wednesday, July 15

Lunch - Enchilada Chicken & Fajita-style Vegetables
Dinner - Leftover Round Steak with Garden Vegetables

Thursday, July 16

Lunch - Hamburgers & Tater Tots
Dinner - Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

Friday, July 17

Lunch - Szechuan Chicken & Rice
Dinner - Turkey Sandwiches & Chips

Saturday, July 18

Lunch - Leftover Szechuan Chicken & Rice
Dinner - Vegetable Barley Soup & Grilled Cheese

Sunday, July 19

Lunch - Leftover Soup or Salad
Dinner - Homemade Veggie Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment